As Consulting Engineers, we play an important role in developing the built environment and creating a better society. We believe that we must act in a responsible, ethical and transparent way towards everyone who is affected by our activities.
We accept that our continued success depends on our employees, our Clients and the community in which we operate.
The four key areas that demonstrate Hendrick Ryan corporate social responsibility performance are the community, the environment, the marketplace and the workplace.
- Active support for RNLI Lifeboats, DSPCA
- Active support and fundraising for local charities (including ARC, Cancer Research and Hospice charities)
- Active involvement in local Golf Club and Yacht Club, Dun Loaghaire
- Active membership of Engineers Ireland, Institution of Structural Engineers, Institute of Civil Engineers, Association of Consulting Engineers of Ireland.
- Encourage the use of materials and labour that can be produced/sourced locally thus contributing to the local economy, promoting social enterprise and improving local employment
- Hendrick Ryan take very seriously our commitments to Safety, Health & Welfare at Work, environmental protection and sustainable development, good corporate behaviour and maintaining excellent Client relationships. We expect our suppliers and sub-consultants to demonstrate equal respect for these important matters/responsibilities
- Proactively engage with our Clients and colleagues in a manner that exceeds our financial and legal commitments to obtain high quality, efficient results within programme and on budget
- Corporate culture that values the needs, expectations and diversity of our customers. Customer service programmes which effectively monitor Client/Contractor feedback and provide continuous improvement
- Commitment to protection of the environment and promotion of sustainable development in our work
- We endeavour to minimize the impact of our activities and the buildings we design on the environment and to influence the environment positively as much as possible
- We aim to encourage the use of sustainable products, materials and building methods that reduce the carbon impact of the construction process
- We aim to promote the use of Sustainable Drainage Systems (SUDS) to create areas which encourage bio-diversity
- We aim to deliver solutions that are both environmentally friendly and business friendly
Employees provide the knowledge and expertise necessary for the continued success of our company. We recognise that our employees are our most valuable resource and we aim to retain and develop our existing staff and provide a workplace that attracts recruits of the highest calibre. We want all our employees to feel strong sense of ownership and responsibility for the long-term success of the company. It is our policy to promote:
- Inclusive working environment and support equal opportunities
- Retention of staff through job satisfaction, career development and opportunities for progression
- Healthy work / life balance
- Development of employees through assessment of individual Continuous Professional Development (CPD) requirements, providing in-house and external training and mentoring of junior engineers and technicians by Chartered Engineers
- Encouraging employees to actively participate in shaping the future direction of the business
Code of Ethics
As members of Engineers Ireland (IEI), Association of Consulting Engineers (ACEI), Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE) and Institution of Civil Engineers of Ireland (ICE), we must adhere to a Code of Ethics which outlines the standards and conduct we must adopt in our professional lives.
The Code of Ethics requires that individual members:
- Behave at all times with integrity
- Remain aware of their responsibilities to themselves, to society, to their clients, employers and colleagues
- Strive to maintain the highest levels of competence in their respective technical disciplines
- Seek to enhance and promote the standing of the profession and its practitioners